Amazon has announced in its fourth quarter earnings release that the bandwidth usage of the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Simple Storage Service (S3) has surpassed all of Amazon.com’s global website traffic combined. This milestone means that the 330,000 registered Amazon Web Services (AWS) developers collectively use more bandwidth than the web retailer itself. Amazon has become the leading cloud computing service provider with its own internet platform.
The Amazon Web Services solution catalog lists more than a hundred solutions based on AWS including innovative backup, archival, community and media hosting services by web 2.0 startups and developers.
The resources of AWS Developer Connection grows rapidly. Check out these featured tutorials and articles:
- Using Amazon S3, EC2, SQS, Lucene, and Ruby for Web Spidering
- Building a Small Business Backup System Using Amazon S3
- Scalable Media Hosting with Amazon S3
- Economical Use of Amazon S3 with Ruby on Rails
- Making Money with A2S, the Associates Program, and PHP
- Building Facebook Applications on AWS